609-218-9666 | email@example.com
Bachelors | Expected Graduation Date May 2017 | Marist College
- Major: Communication w/ a Concentration in Journalism
- Minor: Cinema Studies
- GPA: 3.6
Skills & Abilities
Camerawork, Communication Skills, Creative Writing, Entertainment Writing, Film Criticism, Leadership, Management, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, News Writing, Public Speaking, Radio Broadcasting, Television Directing, Video Editing, Video Production
Broadcast Journalism Intern| Hudson Valley News Network | January 2017-Present
- Hands-on training in: video field production, video studio production, video editing, news story production (research, writing, video recording, interviewing, editing), website posting (WordPress) and Social Media development.
Promotions Intern | Greater Media Inc.-Magic 98.3 & 1450 WCTC | May 2016-August 2016
- Worked on tasks guided by a syllabus that were based on strategizing mock business plans, public relations plans, website and competitor critiques, and radio production.
- Set-up a tent and speaker audio program at a variety of on-location events, including carnivals, festivals, golf outings, and minor league baseball games.
- Assisted with various office/clerical tasks such as filing, memo creation, giveaway proposals, etc.
Production Intern | Viacom-The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore | September 2015-December 2015
- Helped executives, talent coordinators, audience coordinators, and costume designers with all needs.
- Went on runs around the city picking up various props and items for the tapings.
- Transcribed footage from field shoots for future viewing and editing.
- Made sure all aspects of the studio building are restocked with refreshments and well kempt.
Audience Page | ABC- Who Wants To be a Millionaire? | Season 14 (June 2015-August 2015)
- Worked with audience coordinator and security to maintain order and enthusiasm during tapings of the show.
- Assisted audience members with any needs, including (but not limited to) parking, seating, check-in, and enjoyment.
- Helped with various aspects of production such as standing-in for blocking in show rehearsal, patrolling for fires during taping, moving audience members around for maximum visual appeal and disparity.
- Ran various other office errands such as making phone calls to book future audiences, making copies and printing, rolling t-shirts, and cleaning.
Student Studio Assistant| Marist College Media Center | (September 2014-Present)
- Troubleshooting tech issues around campus relating to computer projection.
- Videotaping and recording certain events for the school’s usage and benefit.
- Performing maintenance tasks in state-of-the-art television studio.
- Managing audio, video, editing, and lighting equipment for the usage of other students.
President of Marist College Television (May 2015-Present)
- Writing, directing, producing, starring in various shows for Marist College Television. Leading creative and technical meetings, having a working knowledge of all technology. Dealing with administrative issues.
- YouTube Channel: mctvhd